- Ice & Icebergs
- Other Hazards
- Archive Data
- Digital Forecasts
- Electronic Marine Charting (ECDIS)
- Extratropical Storm Surge Models
- Freezing Spray
- Product Information
- Receiving Products
- About OPC
EGC SafetyNET Message
PLANNED INMARSAT I-3 TO I-4 MIGRATION IN 2018
The International Maritime Organization (IMO), the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO), and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) inform the maritime community of the planned Inmarsat I-3 to I-4 satellite migration in 2018, as follows (changes in red):
- Atlantic Ocean Region West (AORW) completed on 9 May 2018.
- Pacific Ocean Region (POR) delayed until further notice.
- Atlantic Ocean Region East (AORE) in September 2018.
- Indian Ocean Region (IOR) in October 2018.
For further details of the satellite migration plan and new satellite footprints consult Inmarsat at https://www.inmarsat.com/i3-i4-services-migration.